Peace and love to the Gospel Light family today.
I want to begin by letting you know that the Capaci family joins you in all that is coming at us right now. It has engulfed my life, my world, and my family as I’m sure it has yours. As we try to figure this thing out and look to our national leaders who are trying to figure this thing out, may we all remember to first and foremost look to Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith and is in total control of every moment that we live.
I want to remind you of something. When we face situations like this, there is the tendency to turn legitimate concern into illegitimate worry, and there is a difference. We ought to be legitimately concerned because this virus is real. We should be concerned about social distancing, we should be concerned about our loved ones being protected, and we should be concerned about where we go and what we touch and washing our hands because that is a responsible concern. But when we worry, we allow the situation to control us; and then you are no longer controlling the situation and how you respond to it. Let me encourage you to cast your worry and fear upon the ONE who is right there to take it all upon Himself.
May we allow this crisis to produce caring in our lives in a way that we can take the time to pray with one another, ask about one another, reach out to our neighbors, and share the love of Jesus. Next week, we are going to give you the opportunity to become a part of a volunteer team who offers help to those who might need someone to make a delivery for them or pick up groceries or pharmaceutical needs, and I’ll be announcing how you can become a part of this caring Gospel Light team. Also next week, we will be producing short videos that will encourage you in the Word, and we will be posting them on our website and Facebook page.
I wanted to also take a moment and let you know how you can pray for me. Here are five specific ways you can do that:
- Please pray for my family. Ask God to keep us safe and bring us closer together during this time.
- Pray specifically for decisions regarding church gatherings and wisdom to know how to help our church stay connected.
- Pray that our staff and church leadership will stay unified and in agreement as we move forward in this crisis together.
- Pray for me personally as I will be called on to help in the community. Historically, when a crisis hits, church leaders join together to see how to best help their communities. The groundwork of trust has been laid, and faith leaders are essential in times of crisis in their community. Ask the Lord to keep me safe and to help me walk through open doors for the hope of the Gospel.
- Pray for my health and that God would give me strength during these days.
Finally, remember in times like these, we need the hand of God upon us like never before. It is obvious the foundations of our nation are being shaken, the fear of the unknown is ever-present, and desperation is rising across the globe. I’m praying for you, and I love you very, very much. I believe this is one of those moments where the Lord can revive His church in America and His Spirit could usher in the next Great Awakening in the United States of America. I’m believing God has greater things in store than we can ever imagine.
Don’t forget that our services will be online beginning at 10 a.m. this Sunday. Today we are finishing the editing of the video. It should be a wonderful time together. The entire experience should last a little over an hour; and it includes updates, worship, and a message for the hour from the Word of God. Please feel free to contact me if I can help you in any way.
I love you deeply,